Persian buttercups (Ranunculus asiaticus) are beloved for their brilliantly coloured and ruffled petals, tall stems, and long vase life. Their colour range—from bright pink, red, and purple to cream, pale yellow, and orange—makes them a favourite at florist shops and in wedding bouquets. Plus, the bulbs are easy to find at nurseries and in catalogs, and they can be planted in the fall or spring, depending on the climate. The plants grow fairly quickly and should provide blooms in the late spring to early summer.
- Botanical Name Ranunculus asiaticus
- Common Name Garden ranunculus, Persian buttercup
- Plant Type Herbaceous perennial
- Mature Size 1 to 2 feet tall and wide
- Sun Exposure Full sun
- Soil Type Sandy or loamy, medium moisture, well-draining
- Soil pH 6 to 6.5
- Bloom Time Spring and summer
- Flower Colour White, pink, yellow, purple, red
- Native Area Mediterranean region
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.